You can lose weight without starving yourself. Read on to know how.
Body mass index is one of the best health indicators. It is a ratio between your weight in kilograms and the square of your height in meters. If the value obtained is less than 18.5, you are underweight. BMI between 18.5 and 25 indicates normal health. If your BMI ranges between 25 and 30, you are overweight. A number above 30 indicates that you are obese.
Read on for the top 15 ways of effective weight loss without starving oneself:
1. Exercise : This is the best way to lose weight if you do not want to cut down on food. Set a time limit for exercise, begin slowly and gradually increase the speed within the same time limit. You can lose weight quickly this way
2. Conscious binging: Eat well but binge on low fat, low starch and low sugar foods. You can have your fill and still lose weight
3. Eat more proteins: More calories are required to breakdown proteins. So, the mere act of digesting proteins helps you lose weight.
Never go on a crash diet if you want to lose weight
Bring variations in exercise regime for quick and effective weight loss
According to WHO, there are over 300 million obese people in the world
4. Drink lots and lots of water: This is a zero calorie drink that suppresses appetite, flushes out toxins and reduces weight. Drink a full glass of warm water with juice of one lemon on empty stomach every morning
5. Eat small meals: Having tiny meals but, more frequently keeps your metabolism active all day. Instead of three standard meals, span your eating throughout the day into five or six smaller meals.
6. Make breakfast the heaviest meal of the day and dinner should be the lightest. Make it a point to have dinner by 8PM so that the food is digested before you go to sleep.
7. Consume fiber: Eat a lot of high fiber fruits, vegetables, cereals and whole grain foods. The fiber flushes out cholesterol and excess fats very efficiently.
8. Take the stairs: Forget that elevators and escalators exist. Take the stairs. They are good for the heart and good for your weight reduction efforts.
9. Eat slowly and chew every morsel as if it is your last. It helps in better digestion and gives you a feeling of fullness, thereby killing hunger pangs. You can gradually reduce quantity of food and still not feel hungry.
10. Sleep an hour more than you usually do. Good amount of sleep subdues appetite.
11. Avoid appetizers and desserts: Where appetizers fuel your hunger prompting you to binge on unhealthy foods, desserts are piles of calories spooned in every single bite.
12. Avoid alcohol, packaged foods and preservatives completely. Choose homemade and natural options to avoid extra sugar intake.
13. Drink green tea: it has added weight loss advantages as it is rich source of anti-oxidants. You can safely have 3 cups per day.
14. Stay away from carbonated drinks. Drink lots of fresh fruit juices without adding extra sugar.
15. Set realistic goals: Set weekly weight loss goals and promise yourself a treat if you can manage to achieve them. Small targets are easy to achieve and encouraging as well.
Live a disciplined and active life and your weight will naturally be in check.